trompet.nl > forum > Toon onderwerp - Vintage trompet Olds Super uit 1932 VERKOCHT
trompet.nl - dé toonaangevende trompet site van nederland
  > home > forum - u bent nu hier  
   > het trompet.nl forum

Het is nu 28 maart 2024 11:51

Alle tijden zijn GMT + 1 uur

Plaats een nieuw onderwerp Dit onderwerp is gesloten, je kunt geen berichten wijzigen of nieuwe antwoorden plaatsen  [ 3 berichten ] 
Auteur Bericht
 Berichttitel: Vintage trompet Olds Super uit 1932 VERKOCHT
BerichtGeplaatst: 26 jan 2015 12:42 

Trumpet Olds Super 1932

Description:

F.E. Olds Super professional trumpet, with serial number #5749, manufactured in the year 1932, in the very early Los Angeles plants of California, as engraved on the bell. This is a great professional trumpet with unique design, great cutting tone and perfect tuning. Bore size type: ML.

Condition:

This trumpet comes with normal signs of use, normal for his age (this trumpet was made in 1932), but is in great outstanding shape. The valves are in great operational condition with no air leaks and the trumpet is in perfect operational condition. No services needed for this great horn, ready to play.
The first valve has been new lapped and new nickel plated from Muziekcentrale Adams from the ancestor (who owned the trumpet before me). Now has the horn full compression again.

The Olds trumpets constructed in the early 1932’s: all were built handmade and are notoriously popular with Jazz musicians and also are still highly sought after today. They can not be compared with the models over the year 1950’s and above, because of the huge difference in the way of building and other materials used. This difference you'll notice in the unique sound of this trumpet.

This is the second Vintage Olds Trumpet I'm selling and I was able to find several years ago in this nice what appears to be original condition. Raw brass has been darkened by age. There are no resolders and repairs on the bell flare or bell bow. This trumpet is highly desirable and collectible one on the market and it's very rare in this condition.

See the pictures at Marktplaats: http://www.marktplaats.nl/a/muziek-en-i ... ousPage=lr

Mostly what you can see on Ebay are the worn lacquer ones. This one has very nice darkened lacquer with just a little tarnishing but not much and photos shows the condition very well. The writing on the bell edge if fully readable and visible. Everything is as great on it as possible to be and I can surely judge this horn as near mint considering age and time.

Everything is shown on photos but it surely looks even better in real. All mechanical condition is perfectly fine. Valve pistons have no wear, have original serial as the trumpet and compression in great and all parts are moving fine.

This trumpet plays outstanding good and has it's own original character and very pleasant dark timbre in it's sound both for the player as well as the audience.

For the Olds super I've indicated a price basis for negotiation 1.250 Euro inclusive shipping within the Netherlands and also Belgium.

Regard this instrument like an old-timer, it has been for a very long time no new more built and future offers will only come in rare cases.

I'm situated in the Netherlands and you're welcome to test and try this unique horn at my home without commitment.

Laatst bijgewerkt door troll op 15 feb 2015 19:43, in totaal 2 keer bewerkt.

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on MySpace Share on Delicious
 Profiel  

Berichttitel: Re: Vintage trompet Olds Super uit 1932
BerichtGeplaatst: 03 feb 2015 18:35 

Nieuwe richtprijs: 1.150 €
let op zonder koffer / mondstuk

Profiel  

Berichttitel: Re: Vintage trompet Olds Super uit 1932 verkocht
BerichtGeplaatst: 15 feb 2015 19:42 

VERKOCHT

ITEM kan gesloten worden

Profiel  

Plaats een nieuw onderwerp Dit onderwerp is gesloten, je kunt geen berichten wijzigen of nieuwe antwoorden plaatsen  [ 3 berichten ] 

Alle tijden zijn GMT + 1 uur